Bolney Wines – A community-conscious wine estate
In the heart of rural Sussex lies Bolney Wine Estate, a third-generation family winemaking business founded in 1972. It’s one of England’s oldest and most beautiful vineyards just a few miles west of Haywards Heath.
Bolney’s make some of the finest wines in the world: red, white and rosé, still and sparkling, all grown and hand-crafted into award-winning varietals on their 104-acre vineyard. The Estate’s chief winemaker, Sam Linter, who continues to shape the flourishing English wine industry, is also firmly connected with the local community.
With little time to prepare for what would become a global pandemic, Bolney Wine Estate adapted overnight. Estate tours got cancelled, the on-site Café was immediately closed, so too the exciting winery business plan.
Bolney’s team brainstormed to find new ways to help their community, whilst respecting the government’s non-contact restrictions. This resulted in:
- The Estate now provides a safe walking haven to their neighbourhood.
- They’ve introduced a fresh produces boxes, filled with essentials such as milk, veg and bread, so their community can have another way of easily accessing food. They deliver these boxes within a 20-mile radius of their Estate.
- On offer is a new dine-at-home option where customers can experience the taste of Bolney in their own home.
- They are offering free delivery for all online orders over £15 until 30th June.
- They’ve extended their support to our wonderful NHS workers by offering them 25% off all their dine-in meals and 10% off produce boxes 2 and 3.
All this, and terrific wine, available online.