Grilled Peach and Arugula Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
For the Salad
- 4 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 5 ounces (150g) baby arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
For the Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional, for a touch of sweetness)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, honey (if using), and season with salt and pepper. Set aside the vinaigrette.
- Lightly brush the peach halves with olive oil to prevent sticking. Place the peaches on the preheated grill, cut-side down, and cook for about 2 – 3 minutes or until grill marks appear. Then, flip the peaches and grill for another 2 – 3 minutes until they are slightly softened. Remove from the grill and let them cool for a moment.
- In a large salad bowl, add the baby arugula, crumbled goat cheese (or feta), chopped walnuts (or pecans), and dried cranberries (or cherries).
- Once the grilled peaches have cooled slightly, slice them into wedges and add them to the salad bowl.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette over the salad and toss everything together gently until all the ingredients are coated with the dressing.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your Grilled Peach and Arugula Salad! You can also add grilled chicken or tofu to make it a more substantial meal.
- This salad is bursting with flavours and textures, making it a delightful option for a light lunch or a side dish at dinner. Enjoy the summer goodness!