Revitalise blueberry & raspberry smoothie
Full of natural sugars, this smoothie will soon boost energy levels leaving you feeling brighter and revitalised.
Prep: 10 minutes
- 225g (8oz) or about 1⁄4 red cabbage
- 225g (8oz) or about 1 large beetroot, trimmed, scrubbed
- 175g (6oz) raspberries
- 100g (4oz) blueberries
- 2 tsps runny honey or to taste
- Cut the red cabbage and beetroot into pieces that will fit in your juicer shoot then press through an electric juicer.
- Purée the raspberries and blueberries with a little of the red cabbage and beetroot juice in a liquidiser until smooth then add the remaining juice and sweeten to taste with honey.
- Pour into two glasses and serve immediately or pour into a sports drink container, seal well and take to the gym for a post workout energy boost.
If you don’t have a juicer then purée the raspberries and blueberries with 300ml (1÷2 pint) of cranberry and raspberry juice or pomegranate juice.