Sam Stern’s salted dark chocolate and orange mousse
Makes 6 – 8
• 175g Divine Dark Chocolate
• 1 tbsp. Golden Syrup
• 3 tbsp. water
• 2 –3 tbsp. Grand Marnier
• 50g salted butter
• 3 large eggs, separated
• 3tbsp. double cream
• Sea salt
• Shreds of orange zest
1. Place a heat proof bowl over a pan of hot but not boiling water.
2. Add the chocolate, syrup, water, booze and butter, leave until melted. Stir to blend evenly.
3. Mix together the egg yolks and cream
stir into the chocolate mixture to blend evenly.
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff add 1⁄4 and beat until smooth. Fold in the remaining egg whites a 1⁄4 at a time with a pinch of salt until incorporated and well blended.
5. Divide the mixture between 6 – 8 individual cups or glasses. And top with shreds of orange and a sprinkling of salt.
Credit: Divine Chocolate