Bring an element of Japan to your garden
Water is vital to all plant and animal life on Earth and as such, it is an indispensable element to a Japanese garden. To bring an element of Japan to your own garden, it is suggested that you add a water focus no matter how small your garden is. Ponds are a central element of many gardens but if digging a pond isn’t an option for your garden then a Corton steel water bowl may be the solution.
In October, the Royal Botanical Gardens Kew hosted its Japan Horticultural Festival 2021. Otis Landscape Associates in collaboration with kodai and associates created a Chalk Garden in the North Octagon of Kew’s Temperate House, representing the Japanese contemporary garden by combining chalk — one of Britain’s natural resources with locally sourced plants including bamboo, mosses, and ferns.
The Pot Company kindly offered one of their 100cm Corten steel water bowls to complete the exhibit and are now offering the chance to win the exact bowl, worth £215.00.
For your chance to win visit www.thepotco.com/competition
Competition Terms and Conditions
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “The Promoter” refers to The Pot Company (company no. 07345643) whose registered office is at Maynards Farm, Lamberhurst Quarter, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN3 8AL. The “Prize” refers to one Corten Steel Curved Water Bowl 100cm.
- By entering the competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. All entries must be received by 23:59 on Friday 24th December 2021. One (1) winner in Great Britain (excluding Northern Ireland) will be selected at random by The Promoter on Friday 31st December 2021 and the winner will be notified on or after this date.
- The Promotors competitions with entry via their website are open only to residents of Great Britain (excluding Northern Ireland). One (1) winner will be chosen at random from all entrants.
- No purchase necessary. Winners will not be required to pay to enter the competition.
- Entrants must be over 18 years old on the date of their entry.
- Employees of The Promoter are not eligible to enter.
- Only one entry per person per competition will be accepted.
- The Prize will be awarded to a randomly selected winner who has entered on Instagram, using a random number generator. The Promoter will not be held liable if the named prize becomes unavailable or cannot be fulfilled.
- The Promoter will not be held liable for any failure of receipt of entries. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any entries which are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, The Promoter’s liability under or in connection with the competition or these terms and conditions shall be limited to the cost price of the Prize in question.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, The Promoter shall not be liable under or in connection with these terms and conditions, the competition or any Prize for any indirect, special or consequential cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by a participant even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by the participant and the promoter and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
- Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable, and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. Where a Prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the promoter reserves the right to substitute that prize for a prize of equal or higher value.
- The name, address, email address and phone number of the winner must be provided to The Promoter if requested and will be shared to enable fulfilment of the Prize.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond The Promoter’s reasonable control, the promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the competition or these terms and conditions, either in whole or in part, with or without notice.
- The Promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner, or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.