A sensitive issue, a natural solution
Thirty years ago, Margaret Weeds – Nottingham native, contemporary of one Anita Roddick, and qualified in herbal medicine and aromatherapy – was suffering with very, very sensitive skin. She wasn’t alone: eczema ran in her family and she and her children were all plagued with sore, dry, itchy patches. It being the late 80s, conventional cosmetics or prescription skincare were the only real option available. These were often packed with petroleum, artificial additives and other skin irritants which simply didn’t suit her allergy-prone skin.
Eczema is a chronic skin condition that affects millions of people worldwide. It is characterized by dry, itchy, and inflamed skin that can be painful and uncomfortable. While there is no cure for eczema, there are several treatments available that can help manage the symptoms. One of the most common treatments for eczema is the use of creams.
Creams are a popular choice for eczema-prone skin because they are easy to apply and can provide immediate relief from itching and dryness. However, not all creams are created equal, and it is important to choose the right cream for your skin type and condition.
When choosing a cream for dry skin it is important to look for products that are specifically designed for sensitive skin. These creams should be free from fragrances, dyes, and other irritants that can trigger eczema flare-ups. They should also be hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic, meaning they won’t clog pores or cause acne.
• A time-honoured favourite, originally created by founder Margaret as a moisturiser for her own and her family’s eczema prone skin, and is now recommended by homeopathic doctors. Use Repair Lotion as a cream to calm distressed, dry and itchy skin on your face or body.
• Suitable for Vegans
• 100% natural, 94% organic
• Product is Soil Association certified
o Calming biodynamic chickweed to ease itching
o Anti-inflammatory chamomile
o Soothing calendula to promote healing
o Rapid reparative aloe juice
Ultra Rich Balm
• Providing intense hydration for very dry skin and skin prone to eczema, Ultra Rich Balm supports the skin’s natural barrier function and helps protect it from the drying effects of heat, cold and wind, without blocking pores.
• Apply anywhere on the body, and sparingly on the face, as a dry, flaky skin moisturiser. It’s also as an excellent intensive treatment for dry hair ends and cracked heels. Great when ski-ing, or to protect ultra-sensitive skin from chlorinated pools.
• Suitable for Vegetarians
• 100% natural, 100% organic (Soil Association certified)
o Hydrating vitamin-rich raw shea, coconut & extra virgin olive oils
o Cell-supporting sea buckthorn (rich in omega 7)
o Protecting beeswax