A Thing of Beauty
In the heart of Hawkhurst, The Salon stands beautifully brave and bold, the journey to opening is a captivating story of how beauty really did take on the beast. Meet Michelle Ellwood the beauty therapist and nail technician, hailed as one of Kent’s finest, who opened The Salon, bringing Harley Street treatments to Hawkhurst, during ‘the beast’ of the pandemic.
As the restrictions lifted the real cost of the pandemic became all too clear, leaving Michelle keen to be able to offer other vital services to the community including mental health and physical well-being. The Monday drop-in well-being clinic offers NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) life coaching, reiki healing, reflexology, massage and more.
The recent trend for women to ditch the dye and embrace the natural transition to grey hair shows women are choosing to grow bolder rather than older. Whilst the salon runs a very successful Aesthetic Clinic Michelle also found that her customers were opting out of the more invasive services, in favour of the scientifically proven natural treatments which the salon offer, to include:
• Radiofrequency/facial remodelling – lifts, firms and tightens the skin and enables remodelling without surgical procedure.
• Skin Peels – to remove dead skin cells and stimulate regeneration to improve the appearance of the skin.
• Carboxytherapy – carbon dioxide is infused into the skin, to dramatically increase the flow of oxygen and improve appearance and elasticity.
• No needle mesotherapy – a non-invasive method of delivering vitamins, minerals and amino acid cocktails into the mesodermal layer of the skin. This infusion nourishes and rejuvenates the skin while also stimulating the production of collagen and elastin, both essential for skin’s natural elasticity.
• Electroporation – momentarily opens channels into the deeper layers of the skin to deliver hyaluronic acid, coenzymes, peptides and other proteins vital for skin health.
During the first five years of menopause women stand to lose approximately 30% of their collagen, the protein substance which provides strength and structure to our skin. However, thanks to a breakthrough in collagen induction research, the SkinPen®, a medical grade needling device used by hospitals all over the world, can stimulate up to 400% more collagen after just one treatment through the body’s own natural healing process. So fine lines, wrinkles, sagging skin, loss of volume, acne, scarring, uneven pigmentation, melasma, vitiligo and hair loss can all be treated successfully at The Salon with very little downtime, unlike other invasive procedures.
The Salon also offers all the services you would expect from a result driven salon, such as HD Brows, Million Dollar Facials, Lycon waxing, advanced facials, dermaplaning, lash lifts, gel nails, luxury pedicures and much more.
The Salon, Hawkhurst, Maurice House,
Hawkhurst, TN18 4EY
Tel: 01580 389003