The Angus Tour
From the stunning glens to the breathtaking coastline, there is so much to see and do in Angus. Enjoy the many fascinating visitor attractions, go on a bike ride through the Angus countryside, explore the beaches and beauty spots and make memories that will last a lifetime.
The east coast of Scotland has so much to offer, a peaceful and tranquil escape, Angus is the perfect step away from the everyday. The new tourism experience, The Angus Tour, with itineraries tailored to your interests and enjoyment means you’ll be able to navigate your way around what is very special part of the country. The tour has a focus on sustainable and responsible tourism and offers a variety of travel options including public transport, cycling and walking, as well as driving. Often described as a hidden gem, it is an area of outstanding beauty, with picturesque towns, spectacular countryside, dramatic coastline and historic landmarks. It is also home to some of the most outstanding food and drink products in Scotland, including the Arbroath Smokie and Forfar Bridie.
The Angus Tour route runs from Monifieth along the A92 to Montrose and then inland to Brechin and onto the A90 to Forfar and Glamis, allowing travellers to branch off and explore stunning locations along the way, northwards to Edzell, west to Kirriemuir, or into the Angus Glens.
With experiences to suit every traveller whether they are looking for high energy adventure such as biking in the hills or a slower, more relaxed trip visiting historic places of interest such as Arbroath Abbey or House of Dun, the themed itineraries are based around the trends: History & Heritage; Explore the Outdoors; Food & Drink and Dog Friendly. They will provide visitors with a pick‘n’mix approach to selecting bookable products to self-led trails along the route, based on their interests. The itineraries are three days long, and with options to start from any part of the route, visitors can choose to do all or some depending on what best fits into their length of stay.
Highlights of the tour can include:
• Glamis Castle – the childhood home of the Queen Mother, a wonderful castle with beautiful grounds.
• The Bothy Experience – home of the award-winning Gin Bothy nestled in the historic village of Glamis.
• Montrose Beach – the golden sands stretch for three miles from Montrose to the North Esk River.
• House of Dun – the perfect 18th-century laird’s home, housing the Angus Folk Collection.
• The Arbroath Smokie Trail – the charming seaside town with its famous export, the smokie!
• Arbroath Cliff Tours – a great experience for those wanting a day of adventure exploring the Angus coast by kayak.