Vespa celebrates 75th Anniversary 1946-2021: La Dolce Vita
This summer, Vespa celebrates its 75th anniversary, with a limited edition livery to mark the iconic scooter that is synonymous with the idea of ‘La Dolce Vita’. The Vespa is the ultimate embodiment of youthful fun, style and adventure, and with more than 1,800,000 new Vespa vehicles produced in the last decade, this Italian idol is 75 years young and going strong.
Since its patent filing date on 23rd April 1946, Vespa, in the various eras it has seen, has always represented the cutting-edge of technology. Characterised by an advanced bearing body concept, built entirely out of steel, Vespa marked the evolution of individual mobility. Today, the latest Vespa vehicles, equipped with engines and technical solutions to support modern riding, represent the style synthesis of an evolution that has made Vespa’s design immortal. This enduring icon of Italian elegance has enjoyed decades of commercial success and remains one of the most popular scooter brands in Europe, and the world.
The Vespa Dolce Vita
In the dolce vita years, the Vespa became a synonym for scooter, foreign reporters described Italy as “the country of the Vespa” and the Vespa’s role in social history, not just in Italy but abroad, can be seen from its presence in hundreds of films. And it’s a story that continues to be told today.
Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck in Roman Holiday (1953) were just the first in a long series of actors who, over the years, have been filmed on the world’s most famous scooter, in films from American Graffiti to The Talented Mr. Ripley, to 102 Dalmatians, The Interpreter and Transformers: The Last Knight.
In photoshoots, films and on set, the Vespa has been a “travel companion” for the likes of Joan Collins, Milla Jovovich, Charlton Heston, John Wayne, Sting, Antonio Banderas, Matt Damon, Gérard Depardieu, Jude Law, Nicole Kidman, Eddie Murphy and Owen Wilson.
Vespa 75th Special Edition Series
The Vespa 75th is a celebration of all the cultural and stylistic milestones of the brand beginning in the 1940s and is available exclusively in 2021. The 75th Special Edition Series includes the Vespa Primavera and Vespa GTS models, with features including:
- An original metallic yellow livery, developed as a contemporary interpretation of hues ‘in vogue’ in the 1940s, to evoke the heritage, spirit and style of the Vespa, with the number 75 in a slightly stronger shade, creating a quietly elegant tone-on-tone effect
- Nubuck leather saddle edged in grey, matching wheel rims with a diamond finish and a host of chrome-plated details
- Rear luggage rack, with a custom bag designed to celebrate Vespa as an icon of style, made with the same velvety-soft leather as the saddle, with a shoulder strap and a waterproof cover
- Technologically, the Vespa 75th represents the top of the Vespa range: with a 4.3” TFT colour display, and the Vespa MIA smartphone connectivity system
- A “Made in Italy” jet helmet in an exquisite dark smoke grey colour, also featuring graphics in the same metallic yellow colour, and a customised inner lining printed with the classic Vespa logo
- Each Vespa 75th Special Edition also comes with a special Welcome Kit which includes an elegant Italian jacquard-silk scarf, a vintage steel Vespa plate, a personal Owner’s Book and eight collector postcards with images from the eight decades of the Vespa story
The Vespa 75th Special Edition Series is out now, for more info visit.
Pricing — 75th Special Edition
Vespa Primavera 75th- 125cc — RRP £4,900
Vespa GTS Super Tech 75th — 125cc — RRP £6,100 // 300cc — RRP £6,650